Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Worked on the 360 Today...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Worked on the 360 Today...

In a message dated 2/22/2004 4:37:23 PM Central Standard Time, lumina3@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The top of each head is covered with thick,
black goo. I scraped most of it off (actually, it was dried on, so it
kinda flaked offor came off in chunks).
I hate to have to tell you this, but if it has a build-up that bad then the previous owner propably didn't change the oil and filter as regular as it should have been. I can only imagine what the timing chain must look like. The lifter valley is gonna be coated the same way, if not worse. It may run for a while, but eventually lifters can collapse and you will need to tear it down.

Also, if I remember correctly, you had mentioned that you pulled a rear spoiler off a Gremlin in a salvage yard. Any chance I could get my hands on the  gaskets that fit under the mounting brackets?

Rick