Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: V8 Crossmember deal fell through...

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx>
Date: 2004/02/22 Sun PM 05:52:05 EST
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: V8 Crossmember deal fell through...

Who wishes to sell motor mounts for $100, even to me that is obscene. I bought a pair of them for my 71 SC/360 just two years ago at Auto Zone for $22 each! EN107 Kennedy American lists them for $12.50 each. But $100 each for motor mounts is just, well, nuts!
Eddie Stakes' Planet Houston aMX

The steel mounts themselves is what they were talking about those are unique to the V8 Grem,Hornet,Concord and Spirit tho i'm using javelin ones on mine their taller but i don't think it really matters unless your running a auto and then you have to beat in the trans tunnel a lil like i did
Bart
www.planethoustonamx.com
Jeezus 100$ for each mount,tell that guy to go pund broken glass up his cornshoot!!250$ is as much as i would pay for one INCLUDING the mounts this guy thinks he has solid gold when he or she is just another F#%$@^ AMC parts hoarder
Bart

Yes! I found a V8 Xmember that someone has ready to bolt in, painted,
etc. for $300 and he wants $100 each for the motor mounts, shipping
additional. THAT IS MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE ENTIRE CAR, ENGINE,
TRANSMISSION, DRIVE SHAFT, EXTRA DOORS, BUMPER, ETC COMBINED!!!!!

I'm sorry, I know I need this piece, but I have to watch my budget. I
will contact Galvin's and find out about the 6 cylinder conversion
although I wonder about it holding up? I also wonder about what this
other guy said....He claimed I could USE the Javelin Xmember, but I
thought it was too wide? If I can use it, I might as well get one of
the 2 local ones available if this is the case. At least save $30 -
40 shipping costs.

Guess I need to be patient....hard for me to do, especially since the
weather is getting nicer & I am anxious to get this project going
full speed. Maybe the Daytona Beach show will have some finds! -Lu-
It looks like a nice kit if you have the money. But at almost 3 times
the price she was gonna get it for,,,,,,too much in my book.(but
then, I try to get the best possible deals and I don't mind elbow
grease) I paid 135 for mine with shipping including the motor mount
brackets. The deals come arround you just gotta be dilligent. >