Re: Disc Brake Question

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> I live in Kentucky. They voted the emission test out awhile back but it only
> went into effect last November. Of course nobody filed suit trying to block it
> until the day it was supposed to close. They filed in state court which threw
> it out then they went to Federal Court after the centers had all closed. Just
> last week the judge heard the case. Seem like it was illegal for the local
> pollution board to do away with it without asking the federal EPA if they could
> do it. Now the judge has to rule if they are have start the testing up again
> or if they will have to show that they can reduce the pollution in some other
> way. It seems that the local pollution people were supposed to do this during
> the time between when the state voted it down to the time it went into effect
> but not much was done. Anyway the rumor was the EPA was going to say they
> could do away with it anyway if we didn't have high pollution during this summer.
> So it could be possible for the judge to rule it has to be put back into
> effect, spend all the money sitting it back up just to close it again in the fall.
> Stupid. As for as antique plates the car has to be 25 years old and while
> there are no mileage restrictions you are supposed to drive for parades and car
> shows. They don't enforce it though. I have seen a couple of cars being driven
> to work for the last 2 or 3 years. I have classic insurance on my Gremlin it
> is supposed to have mileage limits on it but the policy doesn't give one. I
> ask my agent and he said a couple of thousand a year sounded right. I think I
> have been putting about 500 or 600 miles on it the last 5 or 6 years. I am sure
> 77 had the canister . I just couldn't remember. I might be wrong but I think
> it was the last car made they didn't have the polution junk on it.
> Terry

Nothing like the state, local and federal goverment to screw things up & we are the ones to have to pay for it. I usually put about 1000 miles on my Chevy beater in a year mainly winter and when I don't want to park the hornet in a questionable place like shopping malls. I usually put about 1500-2000 on my yellow Hornet. Although the milage will be cut down on the yellow one as I now have the orange one too. I think both Hornet's cost me 140$ for full coverage for a year. I think it was 34$ to add the orange Hornet to the yellow one's policy that I have had for 7 years.
"Doc"