Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: drums Vs. discs...pros n' cons..

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: drums Vs. discs...pros n' cons..

Who lives close to you and races a gremlin with drums? They must be runnin in the 15's
 I don't recall seeing a gremlin racing with drums on the front.
 When I first built the AMC Team gremlin I had drums and was turning in the low 15's to high 14's. Stopping then wasn't a problem top speed was about 80 mph. As time went on and we started approaching the 100 mph mark stopping became a real problem. The drums heat up and fade too fast. The end of the track comes up quick when you are standing on the pedal and not much is happening. About 14 yrs ago we switched to disks off from a 79 spirit. Stopping has been good but now we are in the low 10's at close to 130 mph and we are looking to swap the rear to disk now too.
 So from my experience with the AMC Team gremlin When I got my 72 gremlin that I am building now, I never gave it a second thought. Disk is the only way to stop for me. Drums are fine and have their purpose, but if you are throwing a v-8 in, can you honestly say you will never go over 80 mph  ? Just my 2 Cents
 Davis
"David G." <servermaster13@xxxx> wrote:
Bannished? Naw!! I agree that drums probably aren't as
dangerous, as I know people close to me who race a
gremlin with drums and do other things with it like
drive it on nice days and weekends and it stops pretty
good. But my 76 has discs in the front, hehe, I can't
wait to get that thing on the road again, I haven't
rode in that thing since I was a baby, and I only have
one memory of that car, from before my parents got
divorced, but I'm not 100% positive if it ever
happend. I'd like to think it did tho, its so vivid
that it had to be real.. oh right, back to topic: I
can't wait to get it on the road!! sigh.. I love my car.

=====
D.G. 713