Re: Disc Brake Question

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:

> Rod,
> You can get the brake lines at your local parts store. I did my swap about 3 months ago.
> Davis
> hemmigremmie <hemmigremmie@xxxx> wrote:
> I to am swapping out my front drums to disc brakes. Not been real
> bad, but the tie rod and ball joint on the pass side needs
> replacing. I'll have to fab up the brake lines as well. Well worth
> it in the end though. Rod
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Davis what year brake set up did you swap in? And how much did the brake hoses cost? I got a setup out of a 79 Concord for the yellow Hornet. I checked on a price for the hoses and I believe they were 40$ a piece a few years ago. Sounds a little inflated to me. Also when I replaced the yellow Hornets rear with one out of a Concord the rear brake hose was not the same. The 79 Concord hose was not available, but the 74 Hornet one was and fit with only a minor modification on the chassis mounting bracket to make up for the differnt mounting of the hose on the Concord rear.
"Doc"