Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Insane Shipping Costs

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Insane Shipping Costs

I too am learning about shipping through both selling and buying items on ebay.
 Davis
 P.S. Eddie........still awaiting the new 04 SUAD list :o)>

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
Part of the problem here is really simple. You don't know where the item you
have will be going. You can easily figure out weigh, but still don't know
whether it is going to the next town or Sweden like this load of stuff
someone just bought off me on ebay:
==========================
Hi, you won multiple auctions, please disregard the other emails and print
this and send with International Money Order OR
AMC AMX POSTER 2217993564 $14.00/$5.00US
70 AMX Javelin Donohue PS taillight w housing 2218004897 $29.00/$14.00US
AMC AMX Dealership Racing Posters 2218042368 $39.95/$6.00US
79 AMC NOS CC AMX Spirit Concord Pacer 2218043373 $9.00/$2.50US
AMC AMX Testors model, new unopened 2218043484 $19.00/$4.95US
AMC Rambler new 1:25 model (SC/Rambler) 2218043598 $17.00/$4.95US
The second price is shipping in the US. Total cost of items is $128.00. If
you wish for it to be sent slow, 4-6 weeks shipping would be about $26.00US.
If you wish for it to be sent via air, shipping is roughly $47.00US. I have
shipped overseas for years,a nd if you noticed, two of my auctions are going
to Spain and Belgium also. I don't accept paypal, or credit cards, I do
however accept US cash (if sent this way, send it registered where I sign
for it and show drivers license); or International Money Order US funds, or
check drawn on US funds/US bank. Total for everything by
SHIP: $154.00
AIR: $175.00
Either way let me know and thank you again.
Eddie Stakes
1902 Wycliffe
Houston, TX. 77043 USA
======================================
So in this case, and also many other (not my auctions!) people "estimate"
shipping. There are some who simply put a fat figure int here, like I
recently bought a rear stainless NOS roof spoiler for my 72 Ambassador SST
wagon, and shipping on the bottom said '$20 ship in US' but I know as
shipping for many years, it would be about $12. I wanted the item so bid and
won it, and guess what, when it arrived, shipping was not $12, but $15 due
to extra padding/bubble in the box. Not mad at all, would have paid more if
had to.

Everyone should always consider shipping, some auctions have the ship costs
added in with the item, some has it in the description, like my auctions
with the Rebel Machine rims for instance, letting people know what to expect
to pay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219416920&ssPageName=ADM
E:L:DS:US:8

But I may add you have a huge garage sale on ebay,  and there are tons of
people there who have never boxed, shipped  items of different sizes and
shapes, so again, they estimate it. If you are concerned about someon'e
shipping costs, there is a button on ebay to 'ask seller a question' to make
sure shipping costs are correct. Yes, there are a number of ebayers who
blanket ship costs are outright gouging I assure you, dealt with many of
them! Some shove the extra shipping costs on there I guess to cover thier
ebay listing fees for that item(s). Either way, real simple, if you think it
is too much to ship, then pass on it and hopefulyl something else will pop
up down the road, goodluck,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston aMX
www.planethoustonamx.com