Re: Safety

Whoa, whoa, whoa folks....I didn't mean to imply that I was UNSAFELY
crawling underneath the car. I bought 4 safety jacks & some plywood
before I even had the car in my possession. I had a safety jack under
the front frame bar and the hydaulic jack under the side of the car,
both on plywood. It is just scary for me to go under a car - I have
only done it a couple of times. Before I went underneath it, I pushed
on the side of the car to see how stable it was sitting on the stand
and jack. It didn't move, so I crept underneath, unbolted the starter
and got the heck out from under there. Safety MUST ALWAYS be #1 when
doing anything, no matter how many times you have done it before.
Thanks for the reminder. -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@xxxx> wrote:
> YOu can get a decient set at walmart for under $20 buck. Definitlt
a sound investment. Also if you are using them on the ground, put
them ontop od a piece of plywood so they don't sink into the ground.(
although up here its solid as concrete right now) I leave the jack
inplace too.

> Davis
>
> Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 1/20/2004 10:10:44 PM Central Standard Time,
lumina3@xxxx writes:

> Identified and removed the starter motor! YEAH! Was kinda scary
> crawling under the car with the jack and lift under it.
>
> Please, please, please......always keep safety in mind when working
on any vehicle. A good set of jack stands are well worth the cost.