Re: More SLOW Progress

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> I guess I can say slow, I am impatient! I am taking the Gremlin apart
> slowly. Earlier: air filter & cover, carburetor, steering wheel.
> Yesterday it was the grill & headlamp covers (saving top tabs that
> were broken off but still held on by screws), distributor cap,
> radiator hoses (draining it in the process), battery, tried to get
> the air compressor off, too many bolts & fly wheel in the way. Today:
> fan shroud, radiator. Had to buy a larger tarp to cover the entire
> car so the neighbors won't complain about the "junker" [ie: MY BABY]
> in MY back yard!! I also removed something from the side of the
> engine block that could be the starter motor? Looks like a small
> canister with a light brown plastic top with a central cone on top.
> Unhooked all electrical wires that I could find leading from the
> engine block to various other items. Do I sound like a novice or
> what? LOL!!! (HEY - at least I haven't called it a thingamajig or
> whatchamacallit yet) :*P

Smart move on covering the car. What is a diamond in the rough is an eyesore to some neighbors. Just covering it up may stop someone from causeing you a problem. On the A/C compressor there should be a bolt on the intake manifold for one bracket and also a bracket on the bottom of the compressor to the block. The main mounting I believe is 4 bolts on the bottom of the compressor. It's been a few years since I removed one. No need to try to remove the clutch to remove the compressor.
"Doc"