More SLOW Progress

I guess I can say slow, I am impatient! I am taking the Gremlin apart
slowly. Earlier: air filter & cover, carburetor, steering wheel.
Yesterday it was the grill & headlamp covers (saving top tabs that
were broken off but still held on by screws), distributor cap,
radiator hoses (draining it in the process), battery, tried to get
the air compressor off, too many bolts & fly wheel in the way. Today:
fan shroud, radiator. Had to buy a larger tarp to cover the entire
car so the neighbors won't complain about the "junker" [ie: MY BABY]
in MY back yard!! I also removed something from the side of the
engine block that could be the starter motor? Looks like a small
canister with a light brown plastic top with a central cone on top.
Unhooked all electrical wires that I could find leading from the
engine block to various other items. Do I sound like a novice or
what? LOL!!! (HEY - at least I haven't called it a thingamajig or
whatchamacallit yet) :*P