Even the smallest things are progress........

Even the smallest things are progress........

Hi All

Since it rained all day, I spent some time in the garage. I've been spending time cleaning and preparing the dash for paint. Right now, a Hornet instrument cluster panel is soaking in Super Clean. The cluster is the only piece that isn't black. Almost all the chrome around the edge is gone a some ofthe paint has started to come off after a good scrubbing.

I used a soft bristle tooth brush and some Super Clean the speedo and gauges.  It looked pretty respectable by the time I was finished. The Speedo and gauges came out of my Gremlin. The mileage reads between 59 and 60 thousand miles.  While I was cleaning everything, I realized the turn signal indicator lamps aren't the one's I need for the Hornet instrument panel. I guess I'll need to find me a Hornet cluster/printed circuit board.

Also modified a bracket for the under-dash package tray. I had already cleaned up two brackets then learned they were the wrong ones. The bracket cameoff an A/C package tray and the tray I plan to use, doesn't have the air vents. I came across one of the original brackets in the attic last weekend and discovered the difference. I cut a section from one of the taller brackets with a hack saw then welded it back together. After several strokes with a file, it's the same size as the original. Now all I need to do is drilla couple of holes and it will be finished.

Looks like we are due more rain tomorrow. The temp right now is about 60 degrees.  Guess I'll spend more time in the garage.

Ya'll have a good weekend.

Rick