Re: Found: 1974 Gremlin X - read for parts

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 1/15/2004 7:30:20 PM Central Standard Time,
> lumina3@xxxx writes:
>
> > it probably was a pretty
> > ride in its day...yellow with tan/cream seats...cute chrome rack and
> > spoiler.
> >

> Got a question about the spoiler that you or someone can answer for me. Where
> the spoiler mounts to the roof, are there gaskets between the brackets and
> the roof sheet metal? I have purchased a couple of spoilers for mine and neither
> came with a gaskets.
>
> If you are able to save the Gremlins organs, you should take anything and
> everything you can unbolt or unscrew and save it. It is amazing what folks will
> buy on E-Bay. Heck, you might even be able to educate the husband on auto
> mechanics by getting him to help......hehehehehe.
>
> Rick

I would imagine there had to be some kind of gasket between the spoiler and roof. I just checked my Kennedy American catalog and none were listed. It did say however that rubber products were being developed and to call for availability. I would also check Eddie's Planet Houston venders list.
"Doc"