Re: AHHHHH. Fun disc brake change.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hemmigremmie" <hemmigremmie@xxxx> wrote:
> The disc brake change was real fun. We got one side done, but the
> passengers side was a bear! I need a new ball joint and tie rod end.
> Those old 31 year old brake lines were a bear to.
> The rims fit nice and flush on em though. Should really add to the
> stopping power.
> I got new shocks to throw on em to. I may get new springs also. Did
> the 73 Gremlin have stiff springs? They did have 304's in em that
> year, didnt they??
> Anyway, Its going ok. Cant wait to get it rolling. Another 2,3,4
> grand and I'll be there. LOL Have a good one all. Rod

I would venture to say V8 springs would be stiffer. I put V8 Sportabout springs in my Hornet Hatchback. I hope you have the proper spring compressor cause they are impossible to change without it and even with it it is a dagerous job. I can tell you that there is a big difference between disc & drums. One of my 74 Hornets has drums and the other has disc's. I have a disc set up off of a 79 Concord that hopefully I will put on the drum car this spring.
"Doc"