Re: School systems, youth and age and AMCs...

Re: School systems, youth and age and AMCs...

 First, on schools...unfortunately, in America, we
try to force-fit everyone into a mold of general
education in the public schools AND private ones (
they have to conform to Federal standards too, after
all). I know it sucks, but it seems to work, as you
get a "well-rounded" education that benefits our
society (mostly ). But on the down side, you get alot
of disinterested kids who are hardwired to prefer
practical ( fix-it ) knowledge to generic " liberal
arts " stuff. Maybe one day it can be fixed. I don't
know. Hang in there! Don't self-destruct, my stepson
got that way, due to more intelligence than the school
system had ability to train, and wound up being put
thru the Juvy system and had to get a GED, which will
hurt his job prospects alot in some areas. DON'T give
up! Get the HS diploma, I know it stinks but it WILL
help in the long run.
That said, I'm 43, and have 27 cars, mostly parts
and project cars. 10 years ago, I would have been
gung-ho, but I found I'm losing energy and the will to
make progress. I feel GOOD when I DO make progress,
but other times I just sit and stare at them, and do
nothing. Maybe it's depression, maybe it's lack of
energy, maybe I don't know. But I am slowing down, and
it's a chore to make progress sometimes on organzing
and getting things done. I hope it doesn't keep
degenerating this way, or my Gremlin GT will NEVER see
the road again! :O Everyone is different. I AM making
progress on house cleaning and decluttering, maybe I
can do the same with the car repairs. Time will tell.
Wish me luck, and , as Ronald Reagan once said ( or
was that George Bush ? ) STAY the course! LOL. I'm bad
at history, too. :) AMC ya,

Jerry in Virginia