Re: Getting kicked in the wallet...$300 ??!! for front end parts!?

Re: Getting kicked in the wallet...$300 ??!! for front end parts!?

 You gotta be kidding me! I did my '70 Hornet,
albeit about 7-8 years ago, and paid only $24 each for
the tie rod ends. The pitman arm was only $17, and it
fit the Javelin AND the Jeep as well ( probably why it
was so cheap ). Did you pay labor, or just bought the
parts!? You DEFINITELY got robbed on that deal! Go
check out WWW.RockAuto.com, and search on the AMC
parts, you can find them there WAY cheaper than what
you paid for them locally! I just ordered and received
disc brake calipers for a '72 Gremlin, and a carb for
a '78 Gremlin, and was happy with the prices,
generally speaking. Carbs aren't cheap anyway.
calipers were $40 each, I think. Anyway, you need to
shop around more! $300 for tie rod ends and pitman
arm...I got some bridge property I can sell you
"cheap", too! LOL. Just pulling your leg, Doc. Sorry!
Couldnt' resist. :)

Jerry Casper in VA...8 Gremlins to fix up,...