Re: The Rambler Mentality

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> Yup, I understand about fixing things. I had a nice pair od "American"
> emblems here and one broke in 1/2, it didn't help this 38 year old piece
> that a 28 month old boy was bopping his little brother with it. So I tried
> JB Weld from behind, didn't work, so mixed it with Super Glue and held
> rather well....so far, now just have to keep them out of reach of little
> hands....
> Eddie Stakes
>
> > I just asked my son who made the repo spacers, he said Kennedy. I checked
> their catalog and he was mistaken. He miss took another part for the spacer.
> Eddie being disabled/retired I have time to repair these little things if I
> can. There is a 2 part plastic epoxy called the Plastic Welding System I
> have used sucessfully on all types of interior plastic's. My father always
> said I fixed things that other people thew away. "Doc"

Just finished the last part of the glueing and sanding on the 3 spoke steering wheel spacer and primed it. A lot of advanced model builders use an old food dehydrator to cure glue, primer & paint rapidly. I got one and the spacer is now cooking over night, tomorrow it will get a finish sanding and a cote of black paint and will cook for another 3 days, Hopefully saturday I will install the spacer, wheel and all.
"Doc"