Snow & Rain Again Tomorrow

I got a call from the Glazier friday afternoon at 4:30 telling me the Hornet was ready. Unfortunately he closes at 5:00 so I had no way of geting there in time to pick it up. Looks like some sort of snow & rain again this sunday so the car will be inside till I pick it up monday and also find ot the damage ($$$$) I was quoted a price of between 150$ & 175$. Love that Master Card. I paid 500$ for the car and haven't checked my reciepts but off the top of my head I figure to have spent about 800$ for parts and repairs. Of which 180$ was for 2 new tires, 40$ for an rebuilt alternator, 92$ for the repair and re-keying of the locks, 54$ for a new hatch gasket, 49$ for a new heter core. Also I installed all new hoses, belts, a coplete tune up from points to cap, rotor & wires, air filter, 2 fuel filters. The reason for the 2 fuel filters is I put one before the fuel pump and one after it. I find in an old car this helps keep the trash out of the pump. As you can tell I also am big on preventative maitainance. The car won't see much use this winter only in nice weather. Further repairs will be limited to mostly interior work that I can do in the house. I still need 2 new tire for the front, but need the front end checked out before I buy them. I have a friend who has a front end shop that I have been going to with my other Hornet since 1978, he owns the building where the glazier is in, his front end shop is in the front and the glazier is in the back. While he is checking the front end I will also have the brakes checked. My son now works for a Mopar dealer so now I figure I can get the other 2 new tires I need for cost he tells me, so instead of 180$ for 2 of the same BFG T/A Radial tires it might only be 80-90$ for them. This may seem like a alot of work, parts and money but It will be a nice dependable cruiser when I am done. And also the old R-12 charged A/C works, I need that for my breathing problems in the summer. This was the only thing the previous owner actually fixed properly.
"Doc"