Re: MIRC chat and "network addresses"...

From: "David G." <servermaster13@xxxx>

Jer.. that doesn't help without a network address..
like irc.network.com and a port.. irc is internet
relay chat, and is made up of several networks of
servers. -Dave

Sorry to correct you, Dave, but I can access MIRC
from home...and yes, we ALL have a "Network" address
on the computer to connect to the Internet...what do
you think your PC uses to access the Internet? Simply
because it's not on a Network like a business, it HAS
to have an IP address, given to you by whatever
service you use, whether AOL, Yahoo, etc. That's how
the Internet knows you are a unique access number, and
you can send and receive emails. You just have to look
for it in your System settings, and use that to set up
the MIRC network connections. I remember it was a
GREAT pain in the ass, but finally got it up and
running. I had to use Port 6667 , that is standard for
MIRC users like us from AOL or other ISP's, I believe.
It's a default Port setting in MIRC 5.0 . Anyway, if
you get Internet at home, you do have an ISP address.
Trust me. It can't work any other way if you get
email.

Jerry Casper
former employee for a DataComm Router / Switch company.