Re: Hey Bart, It's Me, "Doc"

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 11/19/2003 3:48:04 AM Central Standard Time,
> AMC74HORNET@xxxx writes:
>
> > I am 57 years old and have been disabled since I was 42. I learned to drive
> > in 1962 on my fathers 60 Rambler American. I bought my first new car in
> > 1965, an American 440 Hdtp with a Twin Stick. I bought one of my 2 1974 Hornets
> > new, that's the highly modifyed one, the other one I just bought a little over
> > a month ago. The latest one is a loaded, 258 1bbl 6 cyl. auto, that I will
> > make a nice cruiser out of. Your going to love this Bart. I saved this Hornet
> > from being cut up and tured into a race car powered by a brand "X" engine!!!!
> >

> Doc
>
> Glad to see I'm not the oldest one here. I will turn 51 at the end of
> December. Gee.......it sure would be nice to drive my Gremlin on my birthday.
>
> Rick

I been telling my wife driveing my Hornet is bettter than sex for almost 30 years, now I have 2 of them (Hornet's that is), same wife for 34 1/2 years. I was 57 Sept 15th. The wife came home one Sat. evening at the beginning of Oct. from a friends kids birthday party and I told her I bought the second Hornet. What could she say the car was paid for, the title was signed over to me and the car had been towed to my friends place for storage till I got the insurance and plates a week later. It cost 500$ for the car, 18$ for the sales tax, 54$ for the plates and a whole 34$ for insurance as I just added it to the collectors policy from the other Hornet. I am slowly re-keying the new Hornet to match the other one. So far I have done the glove box. Today I have to pickup the hatch lock that has been re-keyed. Damn weather is not co-operateing as it is raining and I have to work on the car outside. Guess I will have to wait for a break in the rain to install it, all I need is 2 min. to do it.
"Doc"