From: hemmigremmie [mailto:hemmigremmie@xxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 7:14 AM
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] The verdict is in.

Hey Gremlin people.
After thinking about which engine to build. I happened to be at my
Moms talking to my stepdad and told him I thought about going from
my sbc to a Caddy and My Mom and stepdad got a weird look and kinda
chuckled. I wasnt sure what was going on, so I asked why they was
laughing and Mom broke dwn and told me that if I didnt build that
Damn motor I had in the garage, She was gonna choke me! Turns out
that my stepdad found a fewgood deals on some odd and end new parts
for the sbc and Mom got them already for Christmas for me. So I
guess for my safety, Im keeping my block, crank N rods to build up
my sbc.
Now for a question. Ive been shopping on ebay and I found some parts
Im wanting, but need your oppinion.
Im building a stout 350, bored 030 over, steel crank, steel rods. Im
wanting to use flat top pistons with aftermarket Dart or Pro
lightning big valve heads to get 10-1 comp. Im wanting to use a port
matched Victor Jr with a Holley Avenger 770 carb, electronic
ignition, ect...
My Gremlin is tubbed with 18.5 inch tires, 4.56 gears and I have a 2
speed glide and Im getting a 3000+ stall convertor. The car with me
weighs around 2700lbs.
Will a comp cam 305 grind be ok for street cruising? And I found new
pistons on Ebay, never installed that a guy is selling , but they
have a few stains(discoloration) from setting in a box in his
garage. Will they be okay? Will the stain bother anything and can it
be cleaned up?
Im thinking with the lite weight of my car, I can run more of an
upper rpm setup and reduce low end traction problems and really wont
be out any low end power due to the weight ratio. Any thoughts? Rod