Engine fit..

Hey Hemmi, sorry to hear about the Hemi. I went on a search and
found a nice old '56 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer sitting in a bush
about 3 miles from my Dad's farm. Opened the hood, no hemi and I'm
not sure what engine it is (doesn't look like a poly head either,
musta been a transplant after the fact), but the car is complete..
(Less windshield) I don't need another project car.. I will leave it
for now but it shore is pretty, would make a nice cruiser for my
Dad. I know where there are a couple of 400cid Chrysler motors
w/tranny that I could get cheap..

Anyway, all you V8 guys, I got a question.
I'm not using headers, but the freeflow exhaust manifolds. It binds
on the passenger side stabilizer bar flange. Because of this, I
can't align my tranny crossmember properly (the engine won't move
over far enough). Did you guys grind a notch in the flange? I heard
that I might have to do that. Even still, the way things line up, I
think I'll have trouble putting exhaust on.. its a really tight fit

What did you guys do for a tranny oil tube fix? mines shoved right up
against the firewall, hard as hell to get at. I can't even get the
last bolt for my exhaust manifold on..

Any info on any of these questions would be great, Thanks