Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Jade's Gremlin

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Jade's Gremlin

  A redneck port an polish is my dad looking at a set of Hemmi Adkins heads i had got done for my 401 and gasket matching and taking out metal where he took out.  He did a real good job considering that we don't have a flow bench.  We ran a 7.73 at 87 or 88 before on a set of 291-c's on a 401 with no head work and then he decided to see what would happen if we took his 70' 390 and did a "Red Neck Port and Polish" and we turned a 7.42 at 91 mph.  Picking up 3 tenths is alot when your running 7's.  On the virtual engine caculator i got off the internet says that he picked up 55 hp, making a total of around 475 hp based on the fact that his car weights 3,200 pounds that of course came from the port work, cam, and also a set of roller rockers.  He picked up that much horsepower on his stock valves, pistons, rods, crank. But if you want a perfect set of heads send them to Hemmi Adkins he does a great job and i can't wait to see what a set of professionally ported heads do.  I think that my car will be running a couple tenth's faster than my dad's on pump gas.
  Hasn't the Nationals been changed to Cordova this year instead of Atlanta.  I was hoping it would be in Atlanta ,because we are only an hour and a half from atlanta.  Anyways we will be going to the nationals this year if it is in Atlanta or Cordova.  Hopefully i will have my car ready to show and race when the nationals get here!

lumina333 <lumina333@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What's a 'redneck port & polish job'? Are ya'll planning on taking
your car to the Internationals in Atlanta this Summer? -Lu-

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jade Neal <spirt401@xxxx>
wrote:
> My dad has a real nice 74' amc gremlin that is Big Bad Orange with
replacement hockey stripes from phonix,  He just ran it at the drag
strip and we ran a 7.42 at 91mph in the 1/8th , which is about a
11.50 with two blow head gaskets, on a basically rebuilt 70' 390
that we did a red neck port and polish job, left the stock valves in
it, stock crank, rods, even the original cast pistons, we just
reringed and put new bearings in it, put a hyd. comp cam with .541
lift, a old torker, Scorpion roller rockers, we took a 750 DP and
put a proform bowl in with big jets.  The car looks bad ass. <snip>
This car is no trailer queen, but is one of the nicest cars you will
see at a drag strip and it always draws a crowd at the car shows and
at the track.
> Jade Neal

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! ? What will yours do?