RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Last Word on the Lost GT (Almost)

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Last Word on the Lost GT (Almost)

Lu,

What was it they were asking for it 'as is'...
and how high were you offering??

Judging by the photos, the available info on
GTs and Gremlins in general, and my own 'seat
o' the pants' judgement, the car looks like a
$500 max piece.

The price goes up if:
The flares and air dam are present and usuable. +250
The grille is undamaged +100
The wiring isn't butchered from the engine removal +100
The wheels are usable as is and need just paint and
better trim rings. +100

Adjust down if-
any rust-thru is visible anywhere -250

Note: I'm not suggesting the items above are only
worth the numbers quoted. Only that the car's worth
as a whole adjusts accordingly.

If this car were dead-mint, with a perfect-running
258/4spd, it *might* sell for $4500. More would take
a fluke. AMCs being what they are, alterations don't
always hurt value. So this car, all dolled up and
'new' looking, with a worked 360 installed with a V8
4-speed and twin-Grip V8 rear....that would likely
bring the 6-8000 the guy is talking about...but the
work would have to be very good. A non-AMC mill
would likely be worth slightly less unless it's a
well-modified and hi-cube mill....like a 440 or HEMI-
that kind of thing would be worth bucks...not to you
or I perhaps, but to the buying public in general
that prefers the Big Three engines.

I looked at the baby blue GT that was for sale in
Jersey a year or so ago. At $800, the rust was too
established for me to consider the car seriously.
But in blue, I really like the car...and would love
the idea of a worked 304 version...a road-racer
instead of the usual drag build. Something that
*could* be a daily-driver, even though it won't be.
Decent on gas, lotsa of torque for passing and
traffic-light get-aways. Fat, sticky tires on
oversize wheels (no more than 16"...it ain't
Asian). Maybe a set off a 'stang GT?

John W Rosa
http://www.JavelinAMX.com

Give the gift of life to a sick child.