RE: [BaadAssGremlins] TURBO?

Aww.,...be nice, Bartdude.

There's all sorts of ways to build power. Turbos are just another.

It's not always so much about dollars alone. It can be about how
many MORE dollars. For instance-

You've got a nice, running 258-powered Gremlin. You'd like more
power. But you've already got a good chunk invested in the car.
Rather than yank a perfectly good mill, wasting the portion of funds
it accounts for...a turbo might be a good choice.

It's certainly less effort than finding and installing all the needed
V8 components..including buying a V8 motor and tranny...and
rear...and springs....and...

It's also likely cheaper than the 4.0L swap I'd prefer to do, for
which you've got to locate a good 2WD donor (if you want the
4speed auto, too).

Another value is in simply doing things differently....something
we AMCers can all appreciate.

[But SBC swaps.....that's not hot-rodding. That's surrender. :) ]

John W Rosa
http://www.JavelinAMX.com

could drop a well worn chevy 267 V8 and you'd have equal the  performance :) and you can type out all the 400 page recipes for turdblow pwd AMCs  you want to Brien as it CLEARLY states your scared to death of 8 cyls in V formation!!! Nuff said. bwaahhhaahahaaaa
Bart