[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Tucking In The 5 Mph Bumpers

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Tucking In The 5 Mph Bumpers

i think that tucking the bumbers is a great idea when i first got my
gremmy i noticed that the bumbers are basicly gaint chrome plates
and would act like a snow blow if the car was lowered enough. which
is why i completley shaverd them off. not only does it look better
it also makes the car lighter.one of my first ideas was to take the
front and rear bumpers off of a latemodel corvair which only need to
be narrowed about 1-2 inches to fit right.

                                   justin

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> A week or so ago we discussed tucking in them 5 mph bumpers after
> looking at the pic's of the yellow Hornet Eddie posted. It's been
rainy
> here on and off for the last week to 10 days and when it wasent
raining
> it was freezing cold. Yesterday was no exception, it was freezing
cold.
> I had to go out and run a few errands and took a few minutes to see
> about tucking in the bumpers. The front bumper looks like you
could tuck
> it closer to the body by maybe 1-2 inches. At a quick look see in
the
> cold it appears that you could elongate the holes holding the
bumper
> brackets to the chassis and move everything back. If this is
possible it
> would be a piece of cake. On the Hornet's it would require you
trim the
> rubber filler to fit. Again no biggie. The rear bumper is another
story
> on a 74 which is quite larger than the 73. Also the 74 has the
license
> plate covering the gas filler where the smaller 73 bumper has the
> license plate below the bumper. This will make tucking the 74
bumper
> closer to the body a bit of a challenge. After the holiday's when
my
> friend is settled into his new shop I can put the car on the lift
and
> examine everything closer and not freeze my A$$ of checking it
out. This
> is somthing I am definitely going to look into as this car is not
being
> restored. Even if I can only tuck the front bumper in a little it
along
> with the 77 Hornet AMX flairs should clean up the front ends
appearance
> quite a bit.
> "Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used