[BaadAssGremlins] Tucking In The 5 Mph Bumpers

[BaadAssGremlins] Tucking In The 5 Mph Bumpers

A week or so ago we discussed tucking in them 5 mph bumpers after
looking at the pic's of the yellow Hornet Eddie posted. It's been rainy
here on and off for the last week to 10 days and when it wasent raining
it was freezing cold. Yesterday was no exception, it was freezing cold.
I had to go out and run a few errands and took a few minutes to see
about tucking in the bumpers. The front bumper looks like you could tuck
it closer to the body by maybe 1-2 inches. At a quick look see in the
cold it appears that you could elongate the holes holding the bumper
brackets to the chassis and move everything back. If this is possible it
would be a piece of cake. On the Hornet's it would require you trim the
rubber filler to fit. Again no biggie. The rear bumper is another story
on a 74 which is quite larger than the 73. Also the 74 has the license
plate covering the gas filler where the smaller 73 bumper has the
license plate below the bumper. This will make tucking the 74 bumper
closer to the body a bit of a challenge. After the holiday's when my
friend is settled into his new shop I can put the car on the lift and
examine everything closer and not freeze my A$$ of checking it out. This
is somthing I am definitely going to look into as this car is not being
restored. Even if I can only tuck the front bumper in a little it along
with the 77 Hornet AMX flairs should clean up the front ends appearance
quite a bit.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used