[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hey Lu -- Gremlin Locks?

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hey Lu -- Gremlin Locks?

Thank you for the great lock advice, Doc. I will definately go that
route as it sounds much easier (& less expensive) than having a
locksmith return to my house. I also read your many posts here and on
AMX files regarding your alternator problems. Your explanation has
saved me time and effort while deciding to rebuild the working one
that came with the engine or buy a new one. And which one to buy that
will fit. Now I need a good coil recommendation. I really appreciate
your time and advice Doc! -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Here's a suggestion that might save you some money. Take a lock
cyl. out
> of one of the doors. Take the plastic glove box bezel with the
glove box
> lock out. The door lock is connected to the locking mechanism buy a
clip
> that you pop off the shaft but stays attached to the lock itself
and the
> lock itself is held in the door buy a big horse shoe clip that you
pop
> off. 5-6 screws hold the glove box bezel in. Bring these 2 items to
the
> locksmith and have him make you the keys that match the locks. This
way
> you also get an ignition switch key which is the same as the door
key
> and the glove box key should be the same as the hatch key. This way
you
> save on a service call, but will not help you with the locking gas
cap.
> You could probably drill out the lock yourself. I had all the locks
in
> my orange car keyed to the yellow cars keys. Since we have 6 cars
> between me and my son and 4 of them are AMC's one set of keys for
both
> of my Hornets is one less set of keys I have to fumble for.
> "Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used