[BaadAssGremlins] amc dealerships (& tom benvie's stuff)

[BaadAssGremlins] amc dealerships (& tom benvie's stuff)

Not sure if any of you have seen Tom Benvie's list of stuff for sale, he
probably has one of the largest individual collections of AMC dealership
stuff in the world, but has been selling off a bunch of it, he sold off his
Trans Am Javelin and several other cars he said he never would sell, I
believe it had something to do with a family member passing away and the
kids needed a place to live so he was going to build onto his house, don't
remember the whole story. Anyhows, the link below is some of his stuff on
ebay, and check out the side-of-house size never used Hornet billboard, boy
that is nice, I bid on a few things, feel free to bid against me no problem,
I will not squash you like the mere earthling you are, some of the stuff I
simply bid on, have bought a number of things from Tom, and recently sent
him payment for a NOS spotlight, and enclosed a number of other things like
kids videos and crayon books for those sick kids in the hospital where his
daughter Erin goes. Good luck in the auctions, I'll close by telling you
that as a vendor for 20+ years, much of his stuff you have seen, and will
see, posted on ebay, you will never see again for sale.

Period. So take that into consideration when you might bid on it, much of
his stuff is simply obsolete, as many dealerships simply destroyed that
year's items when the new calender year was up, as new materials for
dealerships for say, model year 1971, would be sent to dealerships in
April-July 1970, as the new 1971 vehicles would begin rolling off the
assembly line August 1st, 1970 and would appear in showrooms and lots
usually September 7th-15th, depending on location, proximity and order. So
all the 'old stuff' would come down and get tossed. My dad worked for AMC
Dealerships for 18 years and this was almost like a time honored ritual,
sprucing up the dealership, not only with 'AMC stuff' but also lights,
flags, paint, whatever it took to make the place look nice, as soon, you
would have lots of traffic in the showrooms and lots. Below is Benvie's
link.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=tbenvie&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

The other jpeg photos here are of AMC & Rambler car lots, including a
showroom. You can see a lot more dealerships on my website, simply click on
below, then "parts" and scroll down to "AMC Dealerships" where there are a
slew of great photos of a time gone by.
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Volume of email is HEAVY.