Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 2:29 PM
Subject: Amc Gremlin Help needed

Hello, My name is Rolan and I own a 1974 AMC Gremlin. It is in mint condition... I  recently had to replace the carb with a new one from Advance auto parts here in Douglasville, Georgia. Every since I installed the carb the motor (which is a 258 Cid) burns heavy fuel amounts and now has smoke coming from the exhaust which smells strongly of gas. I have adjusted the air jets all the way open over the last week and have noticed no changes in it. After the motor heats up to around 180 deg the smoke stops and then the engine begins to do the famous sewing machine sound ( valves knockin ). The valves are hydralic and do not have any bolts for adjustments that I have seen. I have taken it to several different mechanics but no one will touch it due to the car being so old and still having it's original paint (LEAD). I am an novice mechanic and can do a good bit of work myself but I don't know alot about carbs or internal engine components. Cab you help??? Thankyou! , Rolan

yourshere@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here