[BaadAssGremlins] hydrogen powered gremlin/continental airlines gremlin

[BaadAssGremlins] hydrogen powered gremlin/continental airlines gremlin

There were four of these if I recall, and two were developed from either
Arizona State or U of Arizona. One of these popped up for sale just three
years ago and sold for a whopping $5500. Please remember that alternative
fuels and research have been around for decades. What is unusual however is
that some of these cars, in this case a 72 Gremlin, is still around and in
good condition after 32/33 years. But there were a variety of research cars.
There is a 75 Matador four door hybrid I passed on for sale for $1000 in
Beaumont, TX, D. J. Kava still owns it, but it is a hybrid natural
gas/gasoline car, all original and in good shape, some of you might have
seen it at several AMC SW Regionals or at the AMC National we had here in
2001. Nothing special, you open the trunk and there is a big tank for the
natural gas. If I recall, the car is a 304, AT and was co-sponsored by Texas
A&M. Not sure why TAMU whold be fooling with something like this either as
they are Ag and Marine.

Did any of you notice that "General Motors" donated a 1972 Gremlin for this
project according to the article in the auction, no wonder people are so
damned confused about these cars. A simple typo from decades ago...Guess AMC
never got credit for donating the vehicle. Again however, while rare and one
of a kind, hopefully it will end up in the hands of someone who appreciates
it.

Many of you recall my Continental Airlines Gremlin Giveaway car, it had
45,000 original miles on it and I bought it from original owner for $600,
sold it to Dreamworks SKG for the movie The Haunting in 1999, that is Lili
Taylor and Liam Neeson driving it around. I had it for sale for over a year
for $1500 and zero interest with tons of ads. I caught some sheet from some
AMCers who were upset that I sold a one of a kind car to Steven Spielberg's
Dreamworks for amovie where it might possibly be destroyed, but again, after
a year of trying to sell it nationally and no bites, except from Dreamworks,
I unloaded it:

Click here if the above image don't turn out:
http://www.arcticboy.com/media/strange/gremcontinental.gif

Again, what is unusual is some of these little boogers are still arond, and
in the hydrogen powered car's case, of what we could learn from them even
now. Good luck someone decides to bid on it, my guess is that it will top
out at $7K-$9K, regardless, someone will end up with a interesting little
piece of aMC history. PS: My Continental Airlines Gremlin is alive and well
in England. The scene in the movie where the gate crashes thru the roof and
it hit the gate, it got a dent on the fender, but the roof scene was special
effects, like much of the movie was. And Dreamworks left it, and another
Gremlin backup in England, I was told it sold for about $200/US funds after
filming. Quite a story and travel.
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Volume of email is HEAVY.