[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Looking for Just Parts (was 70 Javvie)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Looking for Just Parts (was 70 Javvie)

It's amazing too that I have had a monster AMC/Nash/Rambler/Jeep Vendors
List on my own website (at the cost of screwing myself out of sales) for a
really long time, and people sometimes don't reference it.

I think the bigger problem here is this. While some may find it easy to get
parts in their areas, other areas people can't find squat, or the parts
stores in tehir area are unwilling to look in the books, or could care less
and simple tell them not available. There are many areas of the country that
you could not give away a AMC anything when they were new, they simply did
not sell. And because of that, few aftermarket places would stock items for
them.

I look at it like the Johnny Lightnigs for instance. Thay are not available
in all areas of the country. What I might find plentiful on the shelves here
others may have never seen before in their neck of the woods. How about gas?
Gas here in Houston is $1.65, and the national average is over $1.90. Places
like York, and Erie, PA had some of, if not the highest volume of AMC sales
in the US in the 60s/70s. Therefore one would expect that a number of cars,
in any shape, still are in those particular areas. New Orleans AMCs were not
popular, and only 2 dealerships at one time. In the 20+ years as a AMC
Vendor, I have had less than 6 New Orleans area people on my mailing list,
or contact me.

So ya'll don't be too harsh on some of these folks. Some of them are simply
NOW getting into the hobby. And we need all the people fixing up any of
these old cars as we possibly can or we will be poorer for it. The more
information you may share today may help another AMCer tomorrow and we will
all be standing around singing we are the world at neverland ranch. :~P

Davis mentioned he found front end parts on the internet for $150. By Moog.
If you have your invoice or remember who you dealt with, share that
information, it will undoubtedly help others who may be considering same
rebuild, or are lurkers, or maybe Bart can save stuff like that and have a
'FAQ' area or email to post when people ask something already asked? Either
way, ya'll don't be too harsh on the folks looking for parts. It ain't easy
fixing up a 70 Javelin as 90% of what you are looking at, will never be made
again. And many items are unique to 1970 Javelin only like dash, tail
lights, grill, hood, front bumper, ram air if it has it, so parts for 70
have always been higher in price. Speaking of price, if anyone is looking
for a 70 Javelin grill, in a shameless plug I have one for sale in original
box for $850. Not bad when you consider a NOS 71 Barracuda grill is about

Now ya'll help these poor bastards looking for stuff.........and again,
thanks in advance to anyone who takes a moment of their time to attempt it.
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Volume of email is HEAVY.
Reply times currently