[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Blue 74 Hornet X on eBay at $2000+...reserve is NO

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Blue 74 Hornet X on eBay at $2000+...reserve is NOT met...C'mon!

Well said...someone else IS going to be paying that price. Apparently
it is worth it to them. I am surprised that the reserve is higher
than the amount already bid on this vehicle. If someone was restoring
the car to stock, then yes, matching numbers matter. Been there, done
that. My current project is for F-U-N and will be the way *I* want it
with what *I* want in it. So it will be worth it TO ME. Resale value
& judge's opinions be damed. -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John W Rosa" <JohnRosa@xxxx>
wrote:

> {EDITED}
>
> I still say $1000 is the mark. Look around at the
> parts values out there. These numbers may be high
> to you or low, depending on your own finances and
> beliefs. But these numbers will happen when the ad
> is placed- someone ELSE will pay it, and then that's
> the value.
>
> To some, this is important. I
>   know I look for 'correct' numbers at shows. If
>   I see a 360 in a car whose VIN indicates a 258,
>   I consider the car 'something less' than a 'true'
>   V8 car. Judges clearly have to consider it, too.
>   It may be illegal and immoral to swap the numbers,
>   but then, it is done, and it's rarely detected.
>   Thus, they have a value, too. I'd say $100 is
>   certainly doable.
>
> We're well over $1500 so far, and there's a lot of
> car left.
>
> John

What gets me the reserve is not yet met. How much does he think
> this thing is worth. I am like Doc. this sounds like a $500 car
with $3000 worth of work.
> Terry

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used