Re: [AMC-list] 5 speed option

" From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I would use a 2WD AX15 from a 4.0 CHerokee or, more commonly, the
" Comanche pickup... much better than an AMC T5 and bolts right up,
" though it uses a hydraulic clutch rather than mechanical... not a big
" deal!

yeah, but - i have one in my xj, and it's so wide geared i can start
in 2nd.  if you want to go this way, i'd replace the ax15 with an
r154 from a toyota turbo supra, with ratios much more like the mustang
5.0 t5.

centerforce has toyota-splined clutch disks; advance adapters may have
a toyota-size [0.410"] pilot bushing.  or you could have a machinist
make a sleeve to press on over the toy pilot to bring it up to 0.750"
and keep the amc/jeep roller pilot.

" Have a great weekend!

i'll be following the 24h of lemans...

"