Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 8

Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 8

My experience ( in excess) the Ford T5 case has the shifter location, speedo cable and trans mount in different locations.Also recent attempt to replace the T5 with SR4 found that it would bolt up, but the speedo had a different head and the tailshaft spline was different size than my driveshaft and was told they also thought the length of driveshaft was different. So luckily I rebuilt the T5 again.  Also found that the T5 should work from 4WD and 2WD? As bolting to the bell housing, away from the transfer case?Hope this doesn't dispute other theories but this has been from personal experience in my 82 Concord wagon Still T5. (and rebuilt rear end so all is good to go!)Good Luck!
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:51:47 -0400
> From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: Jeff D <mr_amc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Have a great AMC day
>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:33:20 -0400
> From: Jeff D<mr_amc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hope to put a clutch in my '80 Concord wagon in the next few weeks.? Then I will finally get the answer as to how many splines? ETC on the imput shaft to the 4 speed, which I believe is an SR4..
>
> ? Would love to have a 2WD T5, without having to do the modify a Ford one, but if I remember right, there is only one hole in the bell housing that is slightly off??
>
> ? Somewhere I saved the e-mail with what was needed to do.
>
> ? Anyone out there remember??
>
> ? Jeff
>
> ? in Charleston.

Blessings,
Richard
Richard Estermyer

God determines who walks into your life....
     It's up to you to decide
          who you let walk away,
               who you let stay, and
                    who you refuse to let go.