[AMC-list] Whippersnappers

    couple of almost 30yr old guys in my neighborhood
always say how much they like my '68 AMX, but they
ask every time, 'Now what kinda car is that?"

  This time we had a more in depth  conversation and
they wanted to know who makes it?  When I told them,
they thought I just meant an 'American' company, they
said, 'You mean like Ford American Motors?'

  When I tried to make a connection for them and told
them about Jeep, they knew all the CJ stuff and that
but had no idea Chrylser had bought Jeep from AMC.

  My wife had painted a wall size redwhite&blue AMC logo
in my garage for me.  They asked if that was a flag
of some country or what?

    I wondered if this is how my Grandpa felt about
me asking him about the Stutz Bearcat?

--carl