--------------
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 17:31:50 -0500
From: Jim Boone<fljab@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Jim Blair<carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
200R4 kept trans shops in business for the same reason. Too light duty for most vehicles (I even killed one in a V8 Vega wagon!)

True, but it's been my understanding that 200R4s came in several strength varietys with with the SS Monte Carlo version behind the GM 305 V8s the strongest.  That is what I have.

I have not contacted or further researched the trans 'rating' with my serial #s.

No biggy if it's no good, the price was right...

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine