Re: [AMC-list] experimental engines [was: Met a guy very interested in m

Re: [AMC-list] experimental engines [was: Met a guy very interested in my '65]

" From: Jack Dale <mercendarian@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Frank, I never got a response to my query.  Are there any extant
" development mules/even drawings of experimental SOHC/DOHC alloy heads
" for the 3.4-4.2L AMC 6cylinders, which I'm told, are among the
" heaviest of the domestic inliners.   The IKA-Renault-ex-Willys SOHC
" was successfully raced on the 3.8L (232 Cu.") in the IKA "Torino".

the ex-willys 230 engine had nothing in common with the amc 199/232/258.
it probably had more in common with the continental 226 willys
previously used.  ika was industries kaisers argentinas, a willys
factory that boosted their line with renault small cars and amc large
cars, made under license.  they used their own engine for the amcs.