Re: [AMC-list] Met a guy very interested in my '65

Re: [AMC-list] Met a guy very interested in my '65

I know you've been very invested in that 65 American and I can tell you really love the car.

However, given the most recent posts you've made regarding the car, my thinking is that you may have the right idea.

I gather that you're limited in the amount of money you have to spend on the car, and you seem to be running into a bit of a wall regarding the mechanical dos and don'ts of the engine swap in the American, so maybe it would be a good thing to change?

Regarding a later car, there seems to be a fairly good assortment of those showing up lately. Here in Atlanta there have been several really nice Concords showing up and that's not even mentioning the Concord and the Gremlins that Bob Reno is trying to sell over near Ft. Payne, AL. I've seen Bob's cars and can vouch that he's got some decent stuff and it's very fairly priced (cheap, even!).

And, also, you point out the need for more safety equipment for your kid. A Concord might be a good compromise in both safety, comfort and AMC-dom.

Of course, that's just my opinion, and combined with $1.50 might buy you a cup of coffee somewhere.

Jeff Reeves
Auburn, GA
01 Grand Cherokee
72 Javelin SST