Re: [AMC-list] TRIM REPLIES -- Don't hit reply without cutting

Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>That's because of the latest "update" on crackberries and Iphones that
>automatically includes the previous email with the reply.

One of the reasons is people don't bother to scroll down to see what's below.  Out of sight, out of mind.

On the other hand, even people with regular, PC-based email still do it.

I've tried to convince my friends to delete excess quotes for years.   They won't and as a result mailing lists -- especially digests -- become unreadable.  I have unsubbed from several lists in the past couple of years .  It's just not worth the time trying to decipher all the goggledegook.

>The other option is set their email to
>individual posts so the extra can't show up and even the subject line
>is correct.

That would help, but perhaps only modestly.  Our digests are pretty short lately, but that's probably because few want to read the list anymore because
the conversations can no longer be followed.

-- Marc