Re: [AMC-list] 232 engine head.

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" That last of the 4.0L engines have a stamped steel valve cover. I
" think 2000-06, but may have been after 2000.

now i'll have to go out and look at my gf's '01...	:^/

" Covers don't interchange except over certain range models

this lines up with head p/n -

" (87-90,

#2686 [renix]

" 91-96,

" 97-99,

" 00-06...

" I think) due to differences in the way they bolt to the head.

odd that they'd change this - but this is amc/jeep...

" Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 20:28:19 -0400 (EDT)
" From:adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Sandwich Maker)
"
" if your rockers are shaft mounted - '64-'74 - they're lubed via the
" gallery and may need the bolt mod.  if they're in bridged pairs -
" '72-up, and yes there's overlap - they're oiled through the pushrods
" and the bolt mod is irrelevant.
"
" afaik no 4.0 heads have tin valve covers.