Re: [AMC-list] Electric Power Steering

Jim Boone
Mims, FL

> From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>

> There are LOTS of newer vehicles that have electrically boosted power steering as well as completely electronically controlled, electrically powered steering racks. ?Most of your later model GM mid size vehicles have them (06 and up) as well as many other vehicles available here. ?No need to pay over the pond shipping for something you could get here!?
>
> Sorry if this is off point, I did not have time to get to the beginning of the thread. ?

Jesse,  No, you're dead on!  I started the thread with the point being that there has to be a way to retrofit it from available parts and wanted to know if anyone had done ior seen it done to one of our cars.  I like the idea personally, but don't know alot about how and the parts.  It's a new idea, at least with the AMC and/or classic car crowd as far as I know.

The electrically powered racks - didn't know about that, but is very interesting!  I was looking to put a rack in my American - sorry, the "no feel" power steering just ain't gettin' it! - so this could do both easily maybe depending on how compact it is...

Jim Boone
Mims, FL