[AMC-list] AMC V8 Distributor gears.

Chrysler did sell other brand parts with the Mopar label on them.  It is a
regular practice especially with the gears.  For a while, Crown would even
package the gears for Chrysler with the Mopar part number.  This is not to say
that is bad, just that the part number doesn't mean they made it.

All of the gears mfg out there have had problems from time to time
including Crown, MSD, Chrysler and more. That is why I had my own line made this
past year.  I now have matched sets made out of Ampco 45.  Ampco 45 is used in
high friction high wear gear applications and is much stronger than cast iron
for this type of use.  Not like regular bronze gears, Apmco 45 is a very strong
extruded alloy used in aviation bearings, gears and bushings where excessive
friction is typically a problem.  I have matched sets for $135 if anyone is
interested.  Considering you pay $60 just for an MSD distributor which would not
stand up to these wear wise, the cost is very reasonable as the mfg cost of
Ampco 45 is much higher than cast iron.

Kind regards,

Nick
 Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

Message: 6