Re: [AMC-list] Tires

If you want a little bit of a wide tire look, I just put 15X8" wheels with 4.5" backspacing on the back of my 65 ambassador with 235/70 15"s. There is a lot of room all around the tire. No interference anywhere I can see. I chose them because I had them, tires just came off the front of my 97 XJ since my son totally ignored the "get the tires rotated" orders I gave him for so long that I had to replace the backs, so being a 4wd all 4 had to go on it... The wheels were the 1st set I had on the back of my American with the opened rear wheel wells. Unless you are 100% of what will fit and what you want I would suggest trying to find the wheels and tires local, if you order them online and they don't fit you can't do a return once mounted. Local shops will work with you to make the sale. ----- Original Message -----