Re: [AMC-list] Tires

" From: "L.D. Lyons" <ldlyons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I've decided to put 15" wheels and tires on my 63 Ambassador 880, and
" my 64 American 440 hdtp, could some one give me an idea what size
" would be best for these two cars.

15" rims continued to be optional into the early '70s, 15x5" with
6.85s on the american and 15x6" on mat and ambo wagons.

as radials like wide rims, i'd go for 15x6 with 185/75s for the
american and 15x7s with 215/70s for the ambo.  if you've upgraded the
ambo with later disk brakes, mopar 15x7 steelies - widely used late
'70s and '80s on vans and aspen/volare derivates - fit perfectly.