Re: [AMC-list] Fw: 232 motor mounts/interchange questions

I didn't know they used the 232. Mine had a post '71 258. Main thing is making sure the motor mounts are in the same position on the block. You may be able to use a Scout 727 trans crossbar, but it'll have to be moved back slightly (4.5" IIRC) or move the motor mounts forward (if there is room) and run an electric fan. Oilpan/front diff clearance will be an issue either way. Don't know if the early engine pan will fit the 4.0L (or other '71 up 6 cyls)

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <baadassGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: buckner428@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] Fw: 232 motor mounts/interchange questions

Tim below is wanting to drop a low miler 4.0L engine in his Scout which came with a 232. Anyone that can help with the tech questions please feel free to reply, copy your reply to Tim also, and thanks in advance to all who might reply.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com