Re: [AMC-list] Kahlid and the T5

" From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Forgive the spelling if I messed up your name.... wanted to get this out to you quickly and am behind on work!
"
" *Make sure you have a 79 up bellhousing.

this would be for the sr4/t4/t5?

" *Remove front bearing retainer (6 or so bolts on retainer that looks like it is holding in the input shaft)
" * take front bearing retainer and bellhousing to machine shop
" *Tell them to make a good fit between the two (I always prefer to turn down the bearing retainer as they are a lot easier to find than AMC Bellhousings!)

i still think you could just swap the retainer for a gm one, already
the smaller size.  i think -4-cyl- ford t5s are also this smaller
size; only v6/v8 ones are larger.

" *You will need to research the pilot bushing as I cannot remember (think it was for the Jeep T176?)

amc/jeep t150 3sp, mid/late '70s.  this is actually an unmodified ford
3sp, splines, pilot, bolt pattern, length, and all.

" *Bolt it up and prepare to trim as the shifter base sits back a little from AMC T5 or SR 4

alternatively, if you need the shifter forward, swap the tailshaft
housing for one for a gm s-10 t5; it has the most forward shifter loc
of any t5 version.  this is a common rodder swap.

" *Make a simple adapter for trans mount
"
" Drive IT!