[AMC-list] AMC Bendix disk brakes - waddaya need to swap 'em?

[AMC-list] AMC Bendix disk brakes - waddaya need to swap 'em?

so, i just went and figured up how much it would cost to buy the stuff needed for the 2000 mustang gt brakes. $300 should clear all hard parts needed. callipers, brackets, pads, rotors, hoses, mount bolts, wheel studs. im looking into seeing if our local amc club member would, and if so, charge to use the waterjet to make CLEAN versions of my brackets. they look terrible as i only had a torch, 4 1/2" grinder, and a dremel. i think the mustang brakes would work MUCH better than the scarebird stuff. iirc, the scarebird stuff, you got to remember 2 or 3 vehicles for parts for it all. my stuff... 2000 mustang gt. EVERYTHING. you reuse your own hubs, so stay with the amc bearings. (easy to get) no backing plates with my stuff, but i dont think the scarebird stuff does either. if this guy will make my brackets, would anybody be interestedin trying this route? im HOPING that it will be less than $50/pair. if he will make them, the first set would go on my '79
 spirit race car, and VERIFY that they work very well in high speed whoaing action. i know they work outstanding on my '62 classic for normal driving. i have FULL faith in them. the aftermarket is HUGE for them also. you already got the main brackets, so stepping up to larger rotors/callipers ect is HUGE. i think on the race car im going to go with the slotted rotors, and high friction pads.

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules