Re: [AMC-list] amc seat belt interlock system & tickets

Re: [AMC-list] amc seat belt interlock system & tickets

" From: C The <kwtheaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" >>i was helping a friend restore a '62 chevy impala and we were
" surprised to find the connectors in the floor for seat belts.  actually
" having the belts must have been an option.  looking at that giant metal
" dash, seemingly about 5 feet away when sitting in the front seat, she
" decided we should put seat belts in it.  course the driver would have
" the metal steering wheel to slow her down.
"
" ------
"
"   From: Terry Atkins
"
"   Now that brings up a good question and it is somewhat AMC related. If
"   your car did not originaly have seat belts would you have to put them
"   in and how would you put the sholdier belt in them. Around here they
"   let every thing go in classic cars. Open headers, no fenders, slicks
"   you name it they don't bother them. You know though the way they push
"   the seat belt law around here I could see a young cop who wasn't a car
"   guy that wouldn't have a clue that cars were made without seat belts.
"   How long has it been 40 years since cars didn't have them.
"   Terry

'68 for shoulder belts, iirc '66 for lap belts.  many cars had belts
optional or even standard before that.  our '66 volvo had excellent
single-latch shoulder belts.