Re: [AMC-list] amc seat belt interlock system & tickets

Re: [AMC-list] amc seat belt interlock system & tickets

" From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" It was such a disaster for automakers that congress stepped in and
" recinded that stupid law (and it is a stupid law) for 1975 model year.
" However, many a AMC and other models for 1975 still had this
" ridiculous system wiring harness thru December 1974. I am guessing
" here but probably the automarkers were using up what was in part's
" bins and could not get regular harness from suppliers in time.

more likely the law cut in on the -calendar- year, as the '68 shoulder
belt and emissions rules did.  then all cars made in '74 would have
it, regardless of -model- year.

imho the biggest reason it was stupid is because it was impractical -
technology wasn't up to it.