Re: [AMC-list] slooow....

" From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I have the same or a close cousin to that old Gemmer box in my 66 American.

so did i...  but my '68 has a saginaw manual box.  do they have the
same bolt pattern?

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" The only thing I can think of that might work as a replacement is the
" Vega steering box. It's small, and now reproduced because it was
" popular for early hot rodders who had similar steering box issues.

the vega ps box is also being reproed, even with extra-fast gears,
because it's smaller than regular saginaw ps gear and it bolts to the
early [pre '75] manual-box pattern - good to upgrade many older cars
that never had ps originally.  iirc it takes manual-box pitman arms
too.

i've thought it'd be excellent for ramblernauts who want ps...

" You REALLY need to order stiffer springs for the front. 12% over
" stock is what I used.

is there a factory hd opt for the early americans?  hd for '64-9
american sixes was +20% over stock.  you feel it, especially with kyb
gas-a-justs...