Re: [AMC-list] 232 motor&auto trans

" From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" And to be clear on the '65 American swap 195.6 for a 1968 232, I would
" need to go for a water pump from a CJ5. Reverse the brackets on the
" radiator to give clearance.

and pulley, but iirc it can be -any- jeep '65-'74.  big jeeps used it
too.

" Would I need to swap motor mounts? Cross-member?

i did it by swapping crossmembers.  later 01 series [hornet/gremlin
etc] also work.

" Would my starter motor work?

dunno.

" Would I be able to bolt it right up to my T96? Would my
" driveshaft work,

afaik yes and yes.

another bit of completeness - a non-big-nut rear ['65-6 232, '67-9 all
i6] and '68-'70 javelin or american 232 driveshaft and t14 tranny all
bolt in, and the t14 is full synchro.  i put a t14 into my '68 w/199
and it made stop-and-go driving -much- more pleasant.

btw, that car is sitting in my yard [ne ma] and is ftgh.

" I'd need to swap out
" the exhaust manifold, but no major work at the exhaust pipe, right?

i think the front pipe is different, but not the rear one.

" How much "extra" is involved in popping a 232 into a '65 American?

the little odds-and-ends - wiring, throttle linkage...  front springs
are the same - i believe the 232 is actually 10-15 lb -lighter- than
the 196.